Tuesday, January 25, 2011

State of the Union

Can't really argue with much the President said, eh? The whole thing about "winning in the global economy" was a bit odd though... if the US "wins," doesn't that mean that everyone else loses? That's not where we want to be going.

Also thought it was funny how he was retreating on the health care bill just a little. Not a whole lot, but a bit. And he really stressed the bipartisan thing.

I did agree on a few points, but you can't really argue with what he said as I mentioned above. The thing about public transportation--that was a good point. Maybe he should start here, haha. The city's been trying to do public transport with high speed trains for a couple years now and boy, is it failing. They've put in a new high-speed train but haven't redone the tracks, and if I'm right that does not bode well.

Since I don't know much about politics, I'll shut up now. Those are just the things that stuck out at me the most. What did you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment