Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Powder day!

If I get accepted to any of these schools in the northeast, I'm going to have very few of these. But today was just fantastic. We woke up to a momma moose and her baby standing right outside the big sliding glass doors. They then proceeded to stand in front of my bedroom window and eat the plants right outside. Total win.

The snow was coming down very hard. There have been... 8 inches in the last 24 hours on the mountain. I think that's a modest estimate seeing as there was a LOT of new powder on the mountain. Practically every run we found more. And more. And MORE. It was great.

Aside from the joy of lovely new powder, I've been thinking about breaking in my new saddle. (I have no idea why this is on my mind, please don't ask, I don't know.) I sometimes have trouble keeping my leg in the right place so I thought maybe I should tie my stirrup to the girth just to make sure I don't break it in wrong. Heaven forbid. Anyway...

Oh! Wait... I forgot. Agh, I'm so tired. I need to go to sleep now...

3 comments:

  1. Okay, first comment here. :D That sounds amazing! I'm so jealous. Back down here in Austin there is... 0 inches of snow. It's really warm, actually. The weather is perfect, don't get me wrong, but... why can't we have at least one white Christmas? Why?! *grumbles*

    Oh, and good luck with the saddle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a snow day last year, didn't we? Still, I suppose slush and ice don't make up a snow day...

    xD Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pshh, that doesn't count. :D

    No problem!

    ReplyDelete