Monday, December 27, 2010

Applications blues... again.

[Insert sound of despair and frustration here.] These stupid applications! This falls under "writing" so I might as well vent. One of the schools has essay questions for applicants for grades 9 and 10, and then for 11-Post Grad. I've been working on the two I have picked for 9-10, but because I was in such a state I looked at the 11-PG questions. Now I'm in more of a state, because I'd rather answer the questions for 11-PG! I like defined questions like that. Not the extremely open-ended ones. At least on this sort of thing. Because I'm worried that if I stray too much I'll just start rambling, and then what will happen? I just can't make any of these essays flow, either. I prefer to write the way I write this blog, which is just casual and relaxed. I don't like to write those irritating stupid annoying bothersome FORMAL essays! It's just not me writing them. I don't know who it is, but it's not me. So now I'm having issues concentrating on them because my nerves and brain are so ridiculously frazzled. Maybe I should erase that part because I'm giving the schools a link to this in the applications... no, I won't. Might not recommend me but at least I'm speaking my mind.

Oh, I have no idea what on earth I'm going to do. I keep re writing one of these for a certain school and I'm totally sunk if I have to send it in to them. Which I do. And I am sunk already.

On a more focused, not-frizzled topic, do you ever get tired of these books that impart a signifigant message to mankind? I do. We were reading Sherlock Holmes last night and I certainly don't see a signifigant message in that. It's just a darned good story written really, really well is all. And that is still good literature. I think in English class instead of reading all these stories that impart some important theme we should read things like Sherlock Holmes. It would be so much more to the point. From what I've gathered Humanities class is the place for important topics within writing. I may be wrong, but having to read these soul-searching things, no matter how well written, isn't always to the point.

Anyway...

No more progress on Klondike. I've been busy frying my brain on applications.

But. I did send money for a Headley Britannia from someone off MH$P. I have no idea of her condition... or maybe I do. Yes, she's "New in Bag". I'm very excited to receive her. She'll be the second in my hopeful conga of the Strapless mold.

I just took out a two-year sub to Just About Horses (the Breyer magazine). I haven't gotten it yet because obviously I'm not home, but I was looking around at the JAH page. The current Connoisseur model isn't my favorite and I don't think I'll be buying it second hand. The current Special Run, though... she's lovely. As model horse collectors probably know, she's on Brigitte Eberl's Giselle and is a gorgeous bay pinto. I really want her but I don't think I'll be getting her. But the model to die for in my opinion is one of the SRs for the 2011 Sunshine Celebration in the spring. He's on the ASH mold and is a beautiful dappled palomino. The ASH is my second favorite and the coloring is so nice, I just wish I would be able to go to Florida for the event. It would be a lot of fun but I can't go for two reasons. One is that it would be expensive and I couldn't ask my parents for the money, plus they'd have to come with me. The second is that it would probably be during school and with all these school visits I have no excused absences left.

So... today is just not the best day for me. My brain is fried so even if it were a good day... I probably wouldn't notice.

That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment