Thursday, April 28, 2011

Show report and a new addition

The most recent addition to my herd is Maynard's Miss Sheba.
I apologize for the bad photo. She has no name from me yet, but she's already a favorite.

This weekend was the second show of the year. It was a two-day show held at the local Expo center (which, by the way, is a total mess). I was there three days, because Friday was a day off from school and I wanted to help set up and do show prep. There were a lot of people there and I got plenty of good photos.




OK, so there aren't that many good ones from Friday. At least I got some with all the setting up I was doing! 

Of course we also had to practice in the ring on Friday. When I first started trotting Jones around he was definitely off and felt very lame. Thankfully, after warming him up and working the stiffness out he was fine. As it turns out he had been messing around in the pasture the night before and got a bunch of bruises/shallow cuts on his hind leg.  They were already scabbed so all we could do was warm him up really well. 

That's all for Friday... there's more talk coming later but I needed to get this post up!

No comments:

Post a Comment