Thursday, May 3, 2012

Radio Silence

I've been quite inactive on this blog for a long while, not least due to my browser's refusal to display the dashboard and the fact that I was lazy enough not to install Firefox until now. I do plan to keep this updated, though.

Not surprisingly, a lot has happened since I last posted. I spent the first week of my spring break (all the way back in March!) at the farm every day, living with Richard, Rachel, and nine other farm-loving students who were sugaring. I loved every minute of it, but I must say that morning and evening chores as well as dinner/relaxation time back at Snowhouse were my favorite parts. I may write up some of the stories from sugaring later.

Hello

I have also been taking riding lessons at a nearby boarding school, which have gone really well. For the past two weeks that I've had a lesson, injuries and soreness from track kept me from standing in my stirrups, let alone jumping. It was so bad last Sunday that I couldn't put any weight in the right stirrup and had to have a lunge lesson. But that was good for my seat, and the week before I got to ride my first dressage test. That was a lot of fun and I'd like to try more of it, but I think jumping is still my thing.

When I was in Austin over spring break, I was busy. I took three riding lessons, all of which went amazingly well. My equitation has actually not deteriorated as much as I thought it had, and Jones and I still work very well together.



The flowers were blooming as well, so out came the camera.



Some other notable moments from spring break include getting to photograph a jackrabbit up very close and personal (baby steps towards wildlife photography!) and catching a lovely sunset at the point.

My favorite because of the curve of the water.

Shot from about 5 feet away. Rabbit sometimes freeze like this when they see a potential threat.

More has happened since then, but since this is a pretty picture heavy post already I'll leave it at that for now and end with a photo of a cat. Can't go wrong with that!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment