Sunday, August 28, 2011

Boarding School

Some of you may remember some old, melodramatic posts from a while back about me going off to boarding school. I am currently at said boarding school and have been for two days now.

I'm going to have a busy schedule, starting yesterday, meaning that I won't be posting much.

However, I do need to post that we are in the midst of Irene! Yesterday we had a bit of rain but starting last night it really started to come down. And the wind started up. Today we are on lockdown and are not allowed to leave the dorm, just in case the wind becomes gale force. A little after I woke up, around 10 am, there were very strong winds for a minute or two. However, it is supposed to pick up after noon or so, or at least that's what we're hearing. Dining services brought bagels for breakfast and we are supposed to have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch. Dinner will be made hot and either brought down to us by the brave members of the kitchens, or if the weather is better we will go to the dining hall together to eat.

On another note, I would like to talk about work jobs. Every student has one. Most freshmen get bad jobs like cleaning the buildings or chopping salad early in the morning, but my job is working with the horses on the farm around noon. This is because a) I asked for that job and b) I ride horses. It should be a lot of fun.

If I don't post, don't worry, I'm not dead. Just busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment